Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Today's projects

Ledger page due June 1st, but recipient was out of town, so mailed today. The theme for this one was to pick an artist's quote and create about it. I chose a quote by Pablo Picasso, "Painting is just another way of keeping a diary". I sure enjoy keeping a journal and often paint or draw pictures along with my entry. It takes you right back to the time.

The envelope decoration.

And I continued on with my nature printing with the "real" material and fabric dyes.

I hung them up on my door with clothespins...

Don't these look like fancy eyes?

With this humid weather, they don't want to dry. It gets so cool in the evening, I resist turning on the air conditioning and i thought hanging in the air would do it, but I don't know. I may have to go to plan B.

4 comments:

Elena said...

Beautiful creations! Sorry playing catchup again. So happy to hear Timber is doing well.

Audrey said...

You might want to try a hair dryer.

Doris said...

So many interesting things going on. I personally like to have prints hanging from clothespins. Means I'm on my true path.

MB said...

Love the nature prints! What kind of fabric and dye did you use, do you mind sharing? Did you hand rub or use a tool? They are so lovely!