Sunday, February 15, 2009

There's a certain slant of light,
On winter afternoons,
That oppresses, like the weight
Of cathedral tunes.

Heavenly hurt it gives us;
We can find no scar,
But internal difference
Where the meanings are.

None may teach it anything,
'Tis the seal, despair, -
An imperial affliction
Sent us of the air.

When it comes, the landscape listens,
Shadows hold their breath;
When it goes, 'tis like the distance
On the look of death.
Emily Dickinson


My dear friend,
Ge Ge
1/29/41 - 2/14/09

5 comments:

Suz said...

April what a beautiful poem you have chosen for the expression of your grief. I will hold you in my heart today,so sorry. Suz

Uta said...

Thinking of you April

Marjorie said...

April, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. We will keep you and her family in our prayers.

butterfly woman said...

I send you prayers and healing blessing during this time. I feel poems can sometimes put into words what we ourselves cannot always express.
Take care of yourself.

Doris said...

So sorry for your loss of your dear friend Ge Ge.