Friday, February 6, 2009

Today with Henri

"Henri" seemed a bit confused about what happened to him yesterday. I had a hard time convincing him that he should keep his Elizabethian collar on, resulting in us both being up most of the night. Both of us sleeping off and on. Me keeping one eye open so he would not disturb his stitches. Now it's 6:30 a.m. I am up and he is snoring. Today I will be home all day, playing nursemaid. The list of instructions are staring at me, as we begin the countdown of 10 days until the sutures can be removed. They are all in bold print and I hear "Charlie Brown's" teacher's voice as I read them.

Do not feed or water Henri for the first 2-4 hours.
Avoid situations that may lead to stress.
Check the surgical incision each day.
Discourage any licking, scratching or chewing.
Restrict Henri's activity.
Finish all medications.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh Henri,
He looks like a wonderful loveable stuffed animal to cuddle with.

Doris said...

You will all sleep better tomorrow. Wonderful shot of Henri!