Sunday, February 1, 2009

Valentines and valentines

With wanting to have my books of valentines and valentine photos from past year's parties together for yesterday, and not having done that, I am sitting back this morning and enjoying looking at everything that I have saved. What memories! Someone asked me about how many years ago I start having this, and I wasn't sure. I needed to consult my journals. Well, I see my first valentine get-together was in 2001! I did skip one year, and so this was my 8th party! The guest list back in 2001 was 10. This year it was 30! My friend, Pauline, brought her scrapbook of valentines and ephemera along yesterday for us to see and this inspired me to "get it together"! I am not going to put it all away until I have done that. It'll be ready for viewing next year. I also will research my recipes. Another book that would be fun to do!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Ok April,
this is worth of a newspaper clipping too.

I know that you would want to keep it simple. But honey you have a very special something going on that brings people/women together in a setting that is so wonderful. And actually Valentines were done by the victorina women along time ago and kind of got collage a good start way back when... It's all in a book I have about collage and it's history.

Bring the love and community together for a very speical moment that will last a whole year long and you can't wait to get ready for next year.

So great!!!

butterfly woman said...

Yes, it is a great thing you do, and if it's 100 people next year, so be it! Just kidding. Remember I said maybe you could write a book or something or journal your experiences each year. Like your recipes, special thoughts from you and other people, photos Julie and you take, and the escapades of Henri. I think it might something the women would cherish. Yes, I could see a reporter writing a newspaper article about your yearly event!

Doris said...

A lovely tradition and such following!