Friday, October 2, 2009

Catching up

I got lost in the sewing machine this morning. I was determined to catch up with the holiday projects we had started and just kept going. Here is my table runner, which I just have to finish with a little hand sewing to close up the final opening.

I bought the little piece of fabric, with the cute images on it, so long long ago and was happy to use it here...

as well as using other pieces of fabric that I had in my stash.

The front and the back of Stocking #1 done. Now just to sew them together with a lining at the next class.

Then, after being inspired by Denise with her "quilt block a month", I decided to do an October Block. The quilt design is called "Spider". Hey, Denise! Look at those points!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Your buzzing long there lady. many hats you wear. looks good.
~v~Laura

Suz said...

You must be tired of hearing it from me...But they're beautiful...I know how much work those runners are..all those little pieces... I have watched my mom agonize over little scraps of color! Oh those stockings..so April...
The spider block is so cute...Have to show that one to my mom...

Robin said...

April!! I love these!! They are turning out so beautifully!! Now you are making me want to quilt! It's been a long time but I always did love sewing!!

april said...

I know. Just a novice, but I love it too and just have to fit it in somewhere.

Miki Willa said...

Wonderful pieces. I so admire your discipline to get into your studio to finish up these projects. I have four Christmas present quilts in various stages in my studio, along with several collage projects for Christmas gifts. Your have inspired me to get back into the studio.

Doris said...

They are all wonderful! Wish I had some time for holiday crafting.