Friday, October 30, 2009

The windy day

I knew it was coming. The wind. Suddenly whisking and whipping around yesterday afternoon, it came. The leaves were prepared and went sailing away. Wheeeee.

Our little maple has grown and sprouted leaves in abundance this year, now covering the yard like a beautiful multi-colored carpet.

I wish I could swoop them all up and press them. Little gems, they are.

Henri is amazed. "Where is my grass?"
This morning it is raining so all will be soaked, and the wind is supposed to continue. The trees will be bare and now we will be admiring their beautiful bare branches. Every season has it's beauty.

4 comments:

Suz said...

April, you are a gem.

Elena said...

I didn't want to read anymore about nature dying...I'm having enough trouble keeping my spirits up. So this was beautiful. Plus the puppy looks like he's blending into the background!

Doris said...

Beautiful photos! So many carpets of amazing colors.

Uta said...

That Henri is just too cute for words