Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Class today

Although this collage is supposed to be about "what's on your mind?", I really didn't like that brain floating around up there. And that brain is a copy of an image from an old book of my mother's oldest brother from school days way back then, "Control of Body and Mind" by Frances Gulick Jewett, copyright 1908. I really wanted to use that brain. Anyway I decided to remove that busier portion of the piece because I think I was looking for a calmer mind. Calmer thoughts.

I had found some old curled up strips of text (can't remember where they came from) and liked the effect of sending those "thoughts" down from the top of the piece. Then, from another page of the "Mind" book, I added a brain wave, by way of matte medium transfer. I like it; it's like a little pen&ink scribble.

Narrowing it down with a mat, I can now decide what finishing touches it needs.

2 comments:

Elena said...

Where've I been?! Missed so much.
1. The collage is calm-love that!
2. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE Henri! He's so much like a Muppet.
3. Yummy great dinner but now I'm hungry after those photos.

Doris said...

Always great to see work in progress. Now where's that camera?