Monday, January 18, 2010

Gray days

Yesterday was a gray but pretty day. Everything was gray. The sky was gray. The trees were frosty gray. It looked like something out of a fairytale. Today it's just gray. Everything is still. No movement. I finally saw some birds sitting on the telephone wires. I enjoy seeing an entire line of them sitting there and always wonder why? Here's what I read:

"It fits their claws easily, and they are high enough to see things- with no branches for predators to climb up. Hawk populations increase where there are telephone poles to perch on."

2 comments:

Suz said...

oh it was a gray day
so much gray white all around
and the birds on the high power lies..so funny I saw them too
ans thought they looked like lunch for a hawk...someone would get caught
I guess we have to hang in there
weren't the frost covered branches pretty

joo said...

here was white day yesterdeday - everything was coverd in fresh snow and it kept on snowing:)
It looked really pretty!