Monday, August 9, 2010

Apple Crisp!

Found four pretty good apples on Julie's tree, cut off some little spots (no bugs or worms) and added one Granny Smith apple that she had in the kitchen, and sliced them up this morning for a crisp!

Mixed up the topping. Maybe added too much cinnamon. I forgot, with Penzey's you don't have to add as much. But I couldn't find nutmeg.

The kitchen smelled wonderful as it baked.

Warm and delish! I couldn't wait to taste it and so it was so warm, it fogged my camera lens. I ate it and I guess they aren't poison apples - I'm still here.

9 comments:

Suz said...

so nice how you take care of yourself
Did you see my baby muskrat yet?
oh and what book are we reading for bookies?

Laura said...

April you sure live a creative well round life...I honor that... thanks for sharing the good stuff..

april said...

Oh my gosh - he is the cutest! Beautiful color! If he was going to fall in somewhere, I am glad it was you. He knew where to snoop.

i try, Laura...thank you.

april said...

Oh, and we are reading "Maisie Dobbs" by Jacqueline Winspear

Elena said...

Ooooh looks yummy dear April. Is there anything you don't do? hee hee

Doris said...

I have some beautiful apples some twenty feet up in the tree, but the bugs are eating them before they fall! Love the steam... enhanced the aroma!

MB said...

I've read Maisie Dobbs, you will enjoy it!

Gloria said...

Yummm! :)

april said...

Julie got some information from her favorite gardening center about fruit trees. They seem to always answer her questions with helpful answers. The condition is called "scale". There is a product called "Fertilome". They have a "dormant spray/summer oil spray". The dormant spray, you apply prior to bud swell with a Hudson sprayer, so you do not spray the fruit. This fruit tree spray is 70% neem oil, so it's not all natural, but they said this would do the trick. She bought it and is going to try it next year. They did plant that tree.