Monday, August 30, 2010

Ready to go!

Sprigs of "nest" material added, and some hugs and kisses good-bye, and "Hope is..." is off to the Palmer House for Lewis University's Signum Fidei Fundraising gala! "The Signum Fidei (Sign of Faith) Celebration is hosted annually by Lewis University. This event honors and celebrates individuals who demonstrate a commitment to creating a world of faith and justice rooted in community. Additionally, this fundraising event provides much needed financial assistance to deserving students."

And this, my August ledger page to do, gets mailed out. The theme being "Exotic Places Remembered or Imagined". It grew from a figment of my imagination while researching poetry for another collage. I love being by the water and outside painting or drawing nature, and envision that I could spend days there.

I found this picture of an easel in a magazine and replaced the painting that was there by reducing one of my own that I did years ago of my dear cousin and her dear husband on the beach.

Then I replaced the mermaid's head with an old photograph of my daughter when she was a teenager at the lake with a wet head. hehe
I started early - took my dog
And visited the Sea
The Mermaids in the Basement
Came out to look at me -
And Frigates - on the upper floor
Extended Hempen Hands
Presuming Me to be a Mouse
Aground - upon the sands.
Emily Dickinson

2 comments:

Georgia said...

this is pretty :) xxx

MB said...

Just beautiful, April. I love how you use so much of Emily D's poetry. She is one of my favorites, too!