Friday, August 27, 2010

More interesting than pretty...

I knew this tomato plant was growing outside of my garden bed. It just planted itself. I knew it because I hadn't planted anything in that garden this spring.
When I went out to feed the birds today, I noticed that the two tomatoes that I had forgotten were on that vine, had fallen over and hmmmm...what was that other thing? My goodness! Just look at the size of him.


I think he's going to be a moth. Maybe a Tomato Sphinx Moth Hornworm, although I did not see a "horn". I guess his pattern is pretty and so I just left him to his munching.

2 comments:

Gloria said...

Yikes!!! He is a big guy! I would have ran for my camera too...:)

Laura said...

Amazing April, A few years back I had a large lime green one climbing up one of the back trees from the garden...what a great photo of him..