Saturday, July 21, 2012

The chicken


See this chicken?  I bought it many years ago at an art fair.  A really nice artist had made it and I thought of her every time I looked at it.  It was nice and distressed-looking when I bought it; just what I liked.  Over the years, while it enjoyed whatever it was picking out of my garden, it because more and more weathered and I loved that look.  I had pulled it out and had it sitting over among some other things that I was moving; deciding maybe to put it in the vegetable garden instead of the flower garden.  The next thing I knew, my hubby came in from the garage saying "you know that old chicken you had outside?  i gave it a nice new coat of paint.  Now all you have to do is to give him a nice yellow beak and a couple of eyes!"

I didn't have the heart to tell him.  What could I say..."thank you dear."

No comments: