Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Catching up again!

Yesterday, Tuesday, was "A Gooseberry Patch Christmas Party" at The Center.  Gooseberry Patch has been putting out cookbooks with wonderful recipes, ideas and drawings for years now and I have collected about seventeen!  Julie, our chef, made a wonderful lunch of pork and cranberries.  I have to find the recipe in one of my books; I have forgotten which one.  Starting out the festivities after lunch were the "Elf-cats" singing their version of holiday music.  What fun! 

 Next we went over to the Log Cabin for Christmas crafts.  This idea I found in one of their books.  Ice cream cone ornaments!  A plain glass ball ornament glued into an ice cream cone with paint and sprinkles and glitter!  Very pretty!

 Votive holders made from plain jars with many squares of tissue glued on and opaque stars.  At night, when lit, the stars are silhouettes against the colored tissue background.

 Cranberry hearts, gift tags, bird cards and evergreen stamped cards!  All very pretty!

 The fire was glowing and it was warm inside with laughter and friendship!

This morning, I started out early to pick up Danielle from Daddy's to take her to school.  I planned to stay to help her teacher with activities and crafts.  The sunrise was so beautiful and i missed the moment before shot, which was outstanding. There was a fog over the landscape and farms, and the sun glowed over all.  But I will have to be happy with this one, minutes later.

 A full day and then it was back to The Center this afternoon for Chef Julie's Cooking School:  Holiday Cookies! 
 The birdfeeders were busy and I again missed a good shot!  A Flicker who came back again and again!

I needed to pay attention to the cookie-making though and what fun!  Wonderful smells coming from the oven and here is the sugar cookie I decorated with Royal Icing.  And we learned about Rolled Marshmallow Fondant and Royal Icing and Glace' Icing.  I think this is going to be a big part of our cookie making next week!

Next I have more pictures of The Canine Nutcracker!

5 comments:

Laura said...

smiles all the way around and can smell those cookies and the pork and cranberries cooking.

Robin said...

I reeeeally wish I could have made it to the luncheon!!! What was on the menu?

Gooseberry Patch said...

Wow, what fun, April! Thanks so much for including us in your celebration...looks like you had a great day.

If you haven't already, stop by our blog and see what other Gooseberry Patch goodies we have in store. You can find it at www.gooseberrypatch.typepad.com

Find us on Facebook too! www.facebook.com/gooseberrypatch

Hope to see you there...and thanks again. :)

MB said...

I love the cranberry hearts and I'm drooling over the cookies!

Doris said...

Another holiday! Oh, you are so blessed!