Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Christmas Retreat

 I have lots to tell, so here is where I will begin the story.  It was a sparkly Christmas Retreat and so the table in the Fireside Room held this beautiful candlelit wreath decoration.  A warm welcome...

 And the tree trimming began!  Ribbons and pine cones and candy canes!

 Dinner was scrumptious!  Eggplant Parmesan made by our wonderful chef, Julie.  These sweet deer circled the candlelight on the table. 

 And, in the Great Hall, the big tree was being put up.  It will be filled with big red bows and hundreds of sparkling pressed Queen Anne's Lace.  It is a sight to behold!  Be sure to come and see!

 Soon it was time to begin making our gingerbread houses.  The pieces were staring at us!  They were depending on us.

 Construction began!

We also ended the evening making gum drop animals and snowmen...

and painted the sticks for our gum drop trees that we would make tomorrow.  The story continues.....

2 comments:

Laura said...

April you really know how to get into the spirit of things...

Robin said...

Ooohh!! I wish I could have come!! Maybe next year!! April, I am FINALLY able to post pictures on my blog!! I am so excited! It makes it all much more fun!