Monday, December 27, 2010

A little doll's winter journal

 Here's the little book that I started making yesterday after I was telling you about the article in Somerset Studio.  I got carried away and now it's been two days working on it, and maybe still not quite done.  I found this piece of jewelry in an old box of my mother-in-law's and decided to use it on the cover.

 Knock... knock...knock...

 After beginning to collage on the pages, I decided to make a story of it and so I wrote and sewed in an insert for each spread with a part of the story that would apply to that page.

Once upon a time there was a golden castle where, under hills which rise like towers, a princess named Cinnamon and her little dog Nutmeg lived.e upon a time there was a golden castle where, under hills which rise like towers, a princessmed Cinnamon and her little dog Nutmeg lived.


 And proud of heart she was when clad in crimson stockings, tartan plaid.



 She's never seen one earthly sight and thought to have a Tea one night.



 My hour of tea is half-past five and waits for nobody, she thought.



 My holiday Tea will be dressed in winter white and I in bonnet with feather gay.



 Bereft of company or friends, the snow fell and fell that day.  But at five o'clock sharp everyone came and joyfully celebrated the lovely white Christmas Tea.  This is a story strange yet true.

 Note:  Some of these words are taken from a William Wordsworth poem.

 Ooops...one page out of order here. 

The End.

No comments: