Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

 So much preparation and it's over in a blink of an eye.  Christmas Eve.  Now this week, I love to just sit in the quiet hours and look at my tree.  So many ornaments to reminisce over.  But, this morning, I know of a little someone who is very excited over what Santa brought!  Merry Christmas Day!

 I have to tell you about my village.  I bought it many years ago when i was working.  There weren't many like it, in the little gift shop where I worked. 

 It's bigger than the other villages you see.  Most of the buildings are about seven or eight inches tall.

 The church is the tallest, the steeple rising about ten inches tall. 

 I think it's cozy.  Maybe it reminds me of Mitford now, although I didn't know about Mitford when I bought it so long ago.

 And then there's my ice skates.  My skates from when i was young.  They're always the first to go under the tree.

My lights are orange, but when they're lit, they look like candlelight glowing.  I saw them at someone's house, again many years ago, and loved the warmth they gave to the room.  These are just a few of my favorite things for me to sit and dream with this week.  Merry Christmas! 

4 comments:

Suz said...

I love my designer cards April..thank you
bless your heart
and allyour things are beautiful
and yes rest this week

Janis Albright said...

Merry Christmas to all of you from Maryland.. Love, Janis, Dad and Mom.

april said...

Bless your heart, Sue.

And...thinking of you all in Maryland. xxx

Unknown said...

Wishing you and your family all the best, Merry Christmas x