Monday, December 13, 2010

The Nutcracker

On Saturday, Dan and Danielle and I went to see the canine version of The Nutcracker!  It was delightful!  My friend, Mary Beth, has two golden retrievers who are therapy dogs and they were both in the production.  You know, I love goldens and just had to see this and I knew Danielle would love it.  So, here are some of the stars of the show...

 Here is "Lily" and she played the starring role of "Marie".  What a "movie star pose!"

 And this is "Bailey" and he played the "Nutcracker Prince".  Very dapper!

The "Mouse King", played by "Tex".  What a "love"!

 He knew he was the king in his wonderful costume!

 And here are Mary Beth's beautiful goldens, "Maggie" and "Tim". 

 The sweetest!
 And they danced their parts beautifully!

 Here is some more of the wonderful cast.

 There were 28 dogs in all!




 A lot of hard work and practice was put into this production.  Great job!

 Then we came back home to trim the tree.  I had finally put the lights on...

and Danielle and I decorated.  A very memorable day!

3 comments:

Doris said...

Bow Wow! Wish I could have seen it! Lovely skates amongst those darling yellow lights!

Laura said...

thanks April so glad you were able to you darling Granddaughter to see it.

Gloria said...

Adorable! I have never heard of a Nutcracker version with dogs...:)

Very sweet!

Merry Christmas to you!

xoxo Gloria