Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's December!

 Snow!  And arriving at The Center, the stairway was being decorated with it's annual greenery of all the different evergreens and pines and bows!  So pretty!

 Here we see the busy elves!

 The collage class was busy with almost finishing their books.  One more week left to this session.

 Deciding on and measuring the covers.

 Adding more thoughts inside.

 Finishing plans.  And will take the finished photos next week!

 I'm not done either, but it helps me to post my progress.  I decided to "count" the days of the week with puzzle pieces.  Need to add more, or I may pile some as that's how my days go sometimes anyway.
I was trying to arrange the page "spreads" side by side according to days but this computer stuff frizzles and frazzles me and so I guess I will just have to go with this long line of disconnected ones.  The first one is Sunday and all mornings representing my early morning hours and hope for the upcoming week.  And actually the other half of Sunday ended up at the bottom of this pile!



 This would be Monday, full of lettering practice and calligraphy class.

 I used a little glassine envelope to insert a bit of a favorite practicing sheet.

 Tuesday brings Danielle and fun art time, and so I have added some of her drawings of a colorful and happy neighborhood.  Oh, and a couple of packing tape transfers of my animal drawings.  There's a bunny in there...

 ...a butterfly and a duck.

 Wednesdays are for collage...

 ...and quilting!

 Thursdays are filled with pen & ink class... .

...and painting.   On these pages, I have added some dreamy cloud forms drifting along, by using molding past and a stencil. 

 Fridays honor writing and poetry.  This page will be for me and Brent.  I have added some of his "words" and I'm not sure what I am going to do with the background because of how just painting it seems to be so airy and just going on forever, like our thoughts.

 I may join in some bits of my mother's poetry and mine.

 Saturday is an "up in the air" kind of day.  I guess just wishing for good things done...

 ...and good things to come.

I'm ending with another puzzle piece and...below is the other half of Sunday representing my faith and the love and thankfulness I have in my heart.  I do know it's at the top with the other half of Sunday and I guess it just wants to be here too to remind me again of those things. 

3 comments:

Ann said...

April..your book is gorgous! I love the picture of The Center..I look forward to all your posts,but esp. this fabulous place where you go! I wish there was a place like this near..or even 100 miles away..that I could go to!! How beautiful with the snow!! oh, how lucky you are!! thanks for sharing..it's so nice to see your book as it's nearing finishing!

Kate said...

What a beautiful journal, April! So inspiring. I'm so glad you shared it -- it doesn't matter how the pictures arranged themselves. It's a lovely work of art!

Doris said...

So busy the week! Love all those pages!